Posted Tuesday, May 29th 2012 @ 10am
The summer means big tours and massive festivals. Here's some of what you can expect to see and hear this summer:
- Aerosmith's Global Warming Tour starts off on June 16th in Minneapolis and runs through August 8th in Tacoma, Washington. Cheap Trick are on board as their opening act.
- KISS and Motley Crue are co-headlining a jaunt simply called The Tour. It starts July 20th in Bristow, Virginia and hits more than 40 cities before wrapping up September 23rd in Hartford, Connecticut.
- Evanescence, Chevelle, Halestorm and New Medicine will be on the third annual Carnival of Madness tour. The traveling festival starts July 31st in Springfield, Illinois and visits 24 cities before wrapping up on September 5th in Evansville, Indiana.
- System of a Down and Deftones are teaming up for a brief summer tour. It kicks off August 2nd in Camden, New Jersey and hits eight cities -- including Mansfield, Massachusetts on August 9th and in Clarkston, Michigan on August 14th -- before wrapping up in Chicago on August 15th
- Linkin Park and Incubus are teaming up for the Civic Tour. Linkin Park and openers Mutemath start the tour on August 11th in Bristow, Virginia. Incubus comes on board on August 14th in Mansfield, Massachusetts. The tour will visit 15 cities and wrap up September 10th in Chula Vista, California.
- Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band are moving up to stadiums when the Wrecking Ball tour returns to North America. It starts August 14th at Boston's Fenway Park and closes with three nights at MetLife Stadium in East Rutherford, New Jersey, September 19th, 21st and 22nd.
- Radiohead, Red Hot Chili Peppers and Phish will headline the 11th annual Bonnaroo Music and Arts Festival, June 7th through the 10th in Manchester, Tennessee. The lineup also includes the reunited Beach Boys, Bon Iver, The Avett Brothers, The Shins, Foster the People, Feist, Ben Folds Five, The Civil Wars, Young the Giant, Need to Breathe, Fitz and the Tantrums, Dawes, Kathleen Edwards and Delta Spirit.
- A newcomer this year is the Firefly Music Festival July 20th through the 22nd at Dover International Speedway in Dover, Delaware. The lineup includes The Killers, The Black Keys, the newly solo Jack White, Death Cab for Cutie, Young the Giant, Cake, The Wallflowers, Awolnation, Michael Franti and Spearhead, The Head and the Heart and Mayer Hawthrone and the County.
- The Red Hot Chili Peppers, the reunited Black Sabbath, Jack White and The Black Keys will headline Lollapalooza August 3rd through 5th in Chicago's Grant Park. The lineup includes Florence and the Machine, The Shins, Metric, Dawes, The Head and the Heart, Delta Spirit, fun., Alabama Shakes andMonsters and Men.
- Metallica, Neil Young and Crazy Horse, Foo Fighters, Stevie Wonder and Jack White will headline the fifth annual Outside Lands Music and Arts Festival, August 10th through the 12th at Golden Gate Park in San Francisco. Other acts of note on the bill include Beck, Norah Jones, Andrew Bird, Franz Ferdinand, Fitz and the Tantrums, Portugal the Man, Fun and Of Monsters and Men.